Book Club

Tonight we picked another date form our 'Can O Dates' (thank you Tom and Shayna).  This one was the Book Store Date.  We had a list of tasks to complete at Barnes and Noble.  We did most of them but mostly we just hung out and had fun.
Our first task was to go to the cooking section and each pick out a recipe that we
love or would love to try


Luke found an awesome macaroni and cheese recipe,
one of our FAVORITE dishes.  

   
   

                                           
                                                        Macaroni and Cheese recipe came from this book

I LOVE this recipe!  It is so easy and SOOOOO good!  I actually made a couple batches
of these last Christmas, I put them in a tupperware and wrapped it as a gift for my mom
(her favorite)


Our next task was to go through the magazine section and find some funny quizzes for
each other to take.  This one just screamed Luke so I picked it out for him.

I loved American Girl when I was younger!  But looking at the magazine now cracks me up,
it brings back all of the wonderfully awkward memories of adolescence.

Luke's quiz was 'What Kind of Party Would Most Suit You?'  His answer was he should go
to Victoria's Very Silly Vest-ival!  It actually kind of sounds like fun.

Next we were supposed to go to the travel section and find guide books on our 'Dream Vacation'
Destinations.  I picked out Scotland and Luke went for Spain.  Maybe one day we'll make
it to both places
A picture in my Scotland guide book, something I would really love to check out 


Remember the Shel Silverstein Books!?  I LOVED them as a kid, and still do!  We were
supposed to hit up the poetry section next and each pick out a poem the expressed our
feelings for the other person... We are not very lovey dovey so this is the best we could come up with.
It was just one of my favorites as a child.

Another Shel Silverstein



Our next task was to go to the children's section and read our favorite childhood books to each other.  We have
actually done that a lot and it is a lot of fun.  The critter books were my absolute favorite, along with anything Dr. Seuss.  This book is the epitome of my childhood.

And to top it off we went through the Humor section, we were supposed to  pick out a funny joke.
 My brother  turned me on to the 'Cyanide and Happiness' book by Kris, Rob, Matt & Dave
The comics inside are hilarious, but sometimes a little bad.  This was one of my favorites! 

Comments

Popular Posts