Y you so single!?

We hiked and lit the Y tonight.  I had no idea how out of shape I was, but it was really neat.  There was a speech given before the actual lighting which was very inspirational, it went a little something like this:  “Be excellent, something something something, be excellent!  Jimmer said it today, be excellent…something else…be excellent…excellent excellent excellent.”  I got a lot out of it, I guess I wasn’t being excellent enough. 

The hike was a lot more intense than we thought, but we made it!  BYU
is handing out Y Books like they're expired coupons, everyone gets at
6!  We decided we are going to try and do all of the 'traditions' so we can
get a commemoration medalion...I hope it is as cool as it sounds.


Blurry Provo Temple


Beautiful Scenery 

Luke with our lit bulb

Sorry for the creepy ghost like images of us...our camera doesn't do night time
or hand shake, or outside...or quality picture taking.

I don't know what's up with the date and time of the pictures, pay
no attention to those.


Our lit bulb, we had to fight some girl for it.  But with Luke's sheer
intimidation we got it.

I think Lukes favorite part of the hike were the free cookies, but he restrained
 himself and only had about …one…two…5!

Glow Stick Buddies!

Lame attempt at capturing the Y all lit up.  Walking down the Y we saw a girl crying and what looked like her boyfriend apologizing to her…BREEEAAK UUUP!  Luke and I thought, how sad it would be to break up at an event like this. Everynight you have to look up at the lighted Y and think, I got dumped on that hill!  What a terrible, but beautiful to the rest of us, constant reminder…or in Luke’s words ‘Y you so single!?’

Comments

Popular Posts