Ground Turkey Day!

This was our first Thanksgiving together and it was CrAzY!  Luckily our families live close together so when we go to visit we can see both families.  We spent most of our time with my family this trip.  My family goes camping for Thanksgiving every year and it is my FAVORITE tradition!
Driving...




MASSACRE!  We dropped a bag of animal cookies in the
back seat...sprinkles were strewn everywhere!

Napoleon enjoying the warm San Diego weather!

My mom hammering (batting) in our traditional Happy
Thanksgiving sign at the campsite.

Logan sleeping, I promised him that he could be the star
of this post, so you will be seeing a lot more of him.


My grandparents are just the CUTEST couple EVER!


Poor grandma, the smoke kept following her.
Sister Porter: "Smoke follows beauty!"
Grandma: "Yeah, and Beauty was a horse!"
Haha, I love my grandma!

Hiking up to the Observatory


Luke helping me the climb that tree...fail!



Beautiful view!

Beautiful colors!


We dressed too warm for the hike; so Luke took my jacket, walked of f
the trail and hung it on a log for us to retrieve on our hike back.  He's so sweet!

HEY ARNOLD!

Cute!  Luke would run ahead and hide from us.  This reminds me of a little
squirrel hiding in a hole.

Had to swing on every low branch!


Woodpeckers make these holes and then jam acorns into
them, don't try to get them out...it's pretty impossible.

I HATE to eat mushrooms, but I think they are SO pretty!

Total high school shot, I had to get it!



Stuck!

Unstuck.

Haha!

The hole that we all decided we needed to climb through.




Luke, littering!

Just keep calm and call the gift shop, everything will be okay...

The observatory

It kind of looks like some alien space pod

The boys couldn't wait to get inside, look at Logan;s stride...it looks unnatural

Logan wanted a picture with the
telescopebut the lighting was
really bad.  So...without the flash
with the flash, it was a
 lose lose situation


Creeper

Wouldn't that be the BEST Christmas tree
EVER!?

Luke walking ahead
My family cooks the turkey every year while we camp and it is always AMAZING!  This year my Dad was holding the Turkey and I don't know what happened but it fell right in the dirt.  They washed it off and cooked it still, and as always it was AMAZING, but Logan's response as soon as my Dad dropped it was great!  "Well, looks like we're having ground turkey."  He cracks me up!

It's amazing the difference there is in camping to regular life.  At my apartment if I dropped something on the kitchen floor, even though it is clean, I don't think I would eat it. But when we are camping it's like 'roll that thing in dirt and let's grill it up!"

Should we have been a little more worried?

Morning walks with my dad are one of my FAVORITE activities while
camping.  Here he is with a friend playing with their cameras,
 boys will be boys.

Try to top this one Dad!


It was a bit cold in the mornings...

Climbing trees


Dangling off trees


One of my families favorite games to play when we
have a whipped cream can is Whipped Cream Poppers

Cream in the face and the nose!

Almost



Not close at all

Gettin' ready!

He was very dedicated to getting that cream!

Not one to waste food, ate it right off his shirt!

Good stance!


Waving as with nothing is going on, and Luke in the back
planning his counter attack!

Launching whipped cream at each other!

Strategies look good...

The drive home.  Traffic on the left suckas!  Straight shot for us!

Has anyone ever been on the twirly thing hanging off the side!?
I want to do it!

My Dad and Grandma told me this funny story of a cat my Dad had as a
young'n named Craps.  This one is for Craps the Crazy Cat!

Cool shot from the observatory


The time we did spend with Luke's family was nice and relaxing, mostly because EVERYONE except Luke and I were sick.  There were plenty of puppies to play with as well, love love love!  But even though everyone was was sick it was still really nice to hang out and see everybody.

PUPPIES!  LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Comments

Popular Posts