Halloweenie!

 We had a pretty chill Halloween this year.  Hardly anyone ever comes to our neighborhood to trick or treat, and it makes me so sad!  But, we did decorate our house anyway, because Halloween is one of my favorite holidays.  Our downstairs neighbors helped give the house the extra creepy vibe with tons of webs, spiders, bats, and of course lots of strobe lights! We also did our traditional pumpkin carving; Luke's is the Boogey Man and mine is the Mummy and our neighbors did the Brain and the Child Eating pumpkin.
 For the first time this year I made pumpkin seeds.  I've always wanted to try
 it and they actually turned out a lot better than expected!

We dressed up this year, which Luke was very excited for.  And we did completely homemade costumes.  All of Luke's Zombie scars, stitches and decomposing flesh was created right here in our kitchen, I may be a little proud... Ragen and I also decided to make a costume for her little one.  Ragen is just learning to sew and I am SO excited to be able to help teach her.  
Baby Porter-Peacock, Luke-Zombie, Me-Sugar Skull
Since both of our neighbors have pretty young  kids who don't eat much candy, after the parents took them out trick-or-treating, Luke and I took them both out again to get our own candy stash!  I mean...we took them out for the Halloween experience, not to use them for their adorable, candy begging faces!

Happy Halloween!

Comments

Popular Posts