CALIFORNIA! part1

I was lucky enough to go down to California for my spring break!  *poor Luke had to be all by himself until Wednesday when he drove down*.  I have missed my family so much and 10 days is NEVER enough time!  But, we had so much fun with the little time that we did have.


We had an early birthday picnic for my Dad, at the Police Academy.  This is a really neat place!  It is very rustic, and so beautiful with it's fountains and over grown trees.  You know when you walk into a building and you can just feel the history and memories that it holds?  That is this place for me.  I know that a lot of great men and women have walked these halls; I have also been there many times for different activities and picnics.  This is also where my parents got married, and where both my Dad and older brother trained for the police force and graduated.
We had a lot of fun playing on the old obstacle courses, challenging each other to different races, meeting police dogs, getting a full car and arsenal tour from an on duty police officer and getting an in depth tour and personal stories from my amazing Dad.
The highlight, though...Me, my Mom, and Logan's girlfriend Gabby went into the locker rooms to use the bathroom.  As my Mom was in the bathroom, Gabby and I each got inside of a locker.  When my Mom walked out we both began to whisper her name from either side of the room.  When she got to the middle of the room we both jumped out and screamed.  I don't think I have ever heard my Mom scream SOOO loud!


Another thing that I love about L.A. is getting tours from my Dad.  He knows the ins and outs of this city like nobody else!  He also know how to find the best rooftop views of this amazing city!  These is from on top of his office building.  On our way back down through a maze of hallways my Mom and Dad ditched Logan, Gabby, and me and then laughed at us as we got lost.  *very sweet and nurturing family*


Comments

Popular Posts