Truman's First Girlfriend

I got to spend the day at Universal Studios with two of my best friends that I made here in Florida.  One of the scariest things, for me, moving across the country was finding really good friends.  I have been lucky enough tho have these wonderful women in my life these passed two years and today we got to have a full day of fun.  


Bonus, their two kids are also Truman's best friends. 


I think Truman may not have been feeling very well today because he was really clingy and wasn't into some of the rides that he usually enjoys.  I hate when he is sick, but I selfishly love how cuddly he gets.  Seeing the trust that he instinctively puts in me to protect him and to comfort him is overwhelming and amazing.  My heart explodes every time he turns to me for a hug of comfort or to show me something that he has discovered, being his mom is my favorite thing in the whole world.


Poor little guy knocked out right before getting on the Hogwarts Express, but that just means more cuddles for me!  After his little power nap, though, he was full speed ahead with his friends.  It's amazing how three toddlers can have so much fun 'playing with each other' while running in complete opposite directions.  Good news for the mamas,though, is that we got over 19000 steps!


I think one of the highlight of the day for these littles was the dinosaur discover center.  They got to watch a velociraptor egg hatch and search for dinosaur bones.  There was a lot of happy screaming.
 So, if you've noticed that little cutie with the pigtails, Well Truman has taken quite a liking to her.  We were standing in line to get on the Hogwarts Express and the little lovebirds were sharing some goldfish when Truman got the courage to just go for it!  He went in for a kiss!  We were all laughing so hard because he was very determined.  She wasn't as into it and was more focused on her snacks, I think Truman was a little dejected because he just stood there for a bit with his little lips puckered and looking around at each of us not knowing what to do.  He got over pretty quickly, but if this is any indicator for our future, we might have a hopeless romantic on our hands.  
(future wedding arrangements have already been made for those two)


We missed Heather in this picture because her kid was actually adventurous enough to ride Caro-Suess-El, but what a great day with great friends.


Comments

Popular Posts