New York (a big post for the big apple)

Most people come down to warm, beachy Florida for spring break.  Well we headed up to freezing cold, snowy New York City!
Brooklyn Bridge
We decided to take a quick walk across the Brooklyn Bridge and back.  By the time we got to the other side we were all so hungry and tired that we went into the first restaurant we could find and took the subway back! (this was actually our third day, that's why we were so tired.)
Empire State Building
So something about me...I hate heights!  And guess what?  EVERYTHING in NYC is high!  That being said we visited many touristy buildings that are very tall and my baby LOVES to try to grab the edge of ledges and try to fling himself over the edge!  I couldn't handle it. I took a look around, snapped some pictures and then I had to go inside.  Good timing for me though because there was an older couple inside looking out a window and the the man proposed and it was the sweetest thing.  It was so simple and sweet and I just wanted to take a million pictures of them (for them, I'm not a creep!).  It was so exciting...I'm sure even more so for them. 

Central Park and More

One World Trade Center
There was a huge platform that you could stand on that had screens underneath to look like you were standing on glass.  I thought Truman would be scared of it but he kept breaking free from us to go stand on it.  He loved it!  I can't figure this kid out, haha.  This monument and the fountains around it were very humbling to see.  I was only 12  were the towers were hit and I remember it being scary but not truly understanding the magnitude of the situation, now being there and seeing all the names it's hard not to see the magnitude and change from that day.

Comments

Popular Posts