Brotherly Love

These two boys have my heart.  I had always dreamed of being a mom.  They say that every little girl dreams of her wedding day, but I always dreamed of being a mom, having a million babies to hug and kiss on.  Truman was my first rainbow baby, the start of my motherhood.  He was this perfect piece to our family.  I knew I wanted him to have siblings, a lot of siblings.  I wanted him to have a close sibling.  My timeline didn't work the way I originally hoped it would and I worried how these boy's relationship would develop.  Three years seems like a long time, would Truman have negative feelings toward this new little person invading his space, would he feel angry or displaced or annoyed having to share his time with his mama. There is so much excitement in expecting a new baby, but so much guilt in thinking how the older sibling is going to feel.


Every other picture on my phone is of these two cheek to cheek.  Truman is always asking if he can hold his brother or if Archer is anywhere Truman wants to sit as close as possible to him and give him kisses and hugs.  I'm not sure how Archer feels about it just yet but he hasn't tried to wiggle away yet.


 



 

 I can not have hoped for a better duo.  The love that these boys share makes my heart explode into a million pieces everyday.  Truman has never once showed any negativity toward Archer.  Once in a while he will say 'the baby wants to be down, I want you' and in those moments I know that he is probably struggling a bit, he might remember the time when it was just him, but he never acts out and I know that when he so sweetly says that brother wants to be in his swing, that is Truman's way of telling me that he needs my attention, he needs a little one on one time.  But, those are rare requests because everything is about his baby.  He always wants to know what his brother is doing, where he is, what he needs.  He likes to laugh at all the cute things Archer does and all the funny noises he makes, I can't even count how many times Truman yells 'Mom, look what baby is doing!'. His is such a sweet and thoughtful boy and an incredible big brother.  He loves to help and tell me how cute Archer is.  And Archer is OBSESSED with his brother.  He always looks for Truman, smiles at Truman.  In fact I think the only one feeling displaced is me!  The love these boys have for each other is so sweet, but hello!  What about me!?  It's fine it's fine, I only feed you and clothe you and all that but go ahead and ignore me and make each other laugh.  But seriously, these boys are the best, and that age gap that I was so worried about is not even a thought because their friendship was one that existed before this life, they were best friends in heaven and they have finally been reunited as brothers.

Comments

Popular Posts